Rain!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yotetrapper, May 13, 2010.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Songster

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Now dont get me wrong, I like rain. I wanted rain for my new transplants in the garden. But this is ridiculous! We got so much rain last night, my garden is under water! I have spouted beans floating, tomatoes are up to their necks! Just the tops of the hills of melons and squash are sticking up like little islands.

My ducks nest box got wet from the driving rains and she abandonned her clutch, (only a few were developing, and they're now in the bator...)

And to top it all off, the rain, and my own negligence, brought tragedy... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=342674&p=3

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    not to mention its one of the coldest springs I can remember. Had to kick the heat back on. Global warming my butt.

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Its warming the southern end the earth and chilling the northern! [​IMG]
    I think we are definitly going through some kind of global climate change

Sorry to hear about this [​IMG]
    Ive had bad flash floods out here and had to go out and save my silkies who were stranded on top of something before..

4. hoosier

hoosier Songster

We had just under 3 1/2" yesterday. On my way to work this morning, I stopped the truck to see if I really had seen a fish in the driveway (It crosses a creek.). Yup! It was a 9-10" bass.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Welll we could use a bit more rain but we didnt have much as the ones up north or south of us did. They got the whoppers!

6. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Songster

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    I can't even remember the last time it rained here. My yard is brown and crunchy already.

7. Same thing here in Nebraska. Cold and Rainy...after the most terrible winter on record. YUCK! The sun finally started to shine through the gloom around 3:30 this afternoon. Hopefully it'll be sunny tomorrrow and into the weekend.

8. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    aww [​IMG] poor chickys! hope things get better for y'a yotetrapper!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by