Rain

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by meowoui, Jan 8, 2014.

1. meowoui

meowoui Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    I go out of my way to make a few covered areas for our hen's to go to to get out of the rain, do they go there, nope it is just used to stand on, they rather get wet. I hope they won't catch a cold or get sick on me when I'm not looking. Oh well just gives me practice on building things to add to my artist repertoire.

Goof balls..

Karen

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    They are fine! Chickens are very hardy organisms, and are not very good at taking those kind of hints, IMHO.

3. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    They are very silly. Mine also stand in the rain. I think as long as you have a clean dry inside space inside for them to sleep and escape without mold that you don't need to worry. They don't get sick from being damp.

4. meowoui

meowoui Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    I'm glad they won't get sick from clucking in the rain, they do have a clean and dry place to run to to sleep and nest. When I'm trying to clean their nesting boxes I will have a hen standing there clucking at me to hurry up she wants to lay in the box I"m cleaning not any other box will do, if another hen is all ready in that box and the hen that wants to lay in that one will squeeze in with her in hopes she can make her get out right away.

Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by