1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Rainbow Bridge Charlotte, NC Area.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CoyoteMagic, May 24, 2010.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

If any of ya'll are in the Charlotte, NC area and don't know what to do when it's time for you Fur-kids to make that journey to Rainbow Bridge, I highly recommend these folks. http://www.petheavencemetery.com/index.html They are who my vet uses.

I called them to ask if they knew when they would be returning Bashful kitty's ashes. The guy who answered the phone said, "Bashful? She's right here in the truck with me. We should be there in about an hour."

Not, I'll have the ashes too you in about an hour. Not the cremains. She! The fact that he was treating her like someone special meant so much to me.

I know that when we have to do this with the rest of my babies, we will be taking them to Pet Heaven

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010

2. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Aww, Bashful was such a beautiful girl!! [​IMG]
    So sorry for your loss,Coyotemagic. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thank you SO much for a reputable company that really cares around here. [​IMG]

The one and only pet that we had cremated here never returned to us at all,[​IMG] so it's nice to get local recommendations for those that really care.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Thank you. Bashful was 17 years old. She made a turn for the worst this past week following her second round of surgery for Sarcoma. I held her head in my hands as my vet (Dr. Pearman at Gaston Vet which is also an awesome place!) let her go to the Bridge.

I don't think they expected my big tuff 6ft 4in ex-Marine hubby to hit his knees and bawl like a baby when she left us. He had always felt like an outsider in his family because he was adopted. With me and our Fur-kids, he was Dad. The night before she left us, she was picking on him in her usual way. She would lay down on the floor and act like she was stretch, flip over and grab one of his toes making him scream like a little girl, lol

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Quote:That made me laugh! My dh is the same way with his family, definately an outsider, but a big, tough, hard working guy, but you get him around the cats and the chickens, he's a fluffy man. [​IMG] He endures all kinds of play from Skittles, our calico. They will argue during the day, Skittles will do the exact same thing, and then you hear dh yell acros th house! [​IMG]
    They do leave some pawprints on your heart, don't they? [​IMG]

As both a cat mom and a retired vet tech, I am truly sorry for your loss, both of you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by