Rainbow Bridge (graphic medical description)

Gempants

Hatching
Sep 10, 2015
Hi everyone, some sad news from me today. On Tuesday 20th October 2015 i had to rush my 3yr old Aylesbury "Puddle" to the vets after noticing what i can only describe as red jam/jelly in the pen. I inspected the duck house for signs of blood covered eggs etc, but nothing. Then i noticed Puddles bum....and i panicked, rang the vet straight away, they made an emergency appointment for her so i got her in her travel box and rushed her in. I at first thought it was laying problems and that she had a broken egg inside her, she had been laying some whoppers recently so guessed she had injured herself straining to get an egg out. The vet inspected her and it was bad news. She had severely prolapsed, so badly that her intestines were coming out and had got twisted and started to die off due to no circulation. I am completely heartbroken that there was nothing to do but send her for the long journey over the rainbow bridge. She was my girl, as a child id always wanted a Jemima Puddle Duck, and im proud to say i had the priviledge of owning one. So now i am down to 3 ducks, my mumma Abacot Ranger called Amber & her two offspring from this year who are ranger crossed indian runner. Ive lost 3 ducks this year, first both my males disappeared thanks to a local fox (they were handreared and my best friends, still hurts talking about them now) and now ive had to say goodbye to my Puddle. She has been lain to rest in her favourite part of my garden, at the back of my veg plot where she would snooze, munch and watch the world go by. R.I.P Puddle
1f61e.png

Hi everyone, some sad news from me today. On Tuesday 20th October 2015 i had to rush my 3yr old Aylesbury "Puddle" to the vets after noticing what i can only describe as red jam/jelly in the pen. I inspected the duck house for signs of blood covered eggs etc, but nothing. Then i noticed Puddles bum....and i panicked, rang the vet straight away, they made an emergency appointment for her so i got her in her travel box and rushed her in. I at first thought it was laying problems and that she had a broken egg inside her, she had been laying some whoppers recently so guessed she had injured herself straining to get an egg out. The vet inspected her and it was bad news. She had severely prolapsed, so badly that her intestines were coming out and had got twisted and started to die off due to no circulation. I am completely heartbroken that there was nothing to do but send her for the long journey over the rainbow bridge. She was my girl, as a child id always wanted a Jemima Puddle Duck, and im proud to say i had the priviledge of owning one. So now i am down to 3 ducks, my mumma Abacot Ranger called Amber & her two offspring from this year who are ranger crossed indian runner. Ive lost 3 ducks this year, first both my males disappeared thanks to a local fox (they were handreared and my best friends, still hurts talking about them now) and now ive had to say goodbye to my Puddle. She has been lain to rest in her favourite part of my garden, at the back of my veg plot where she would snooze, munch and watch the world go by. R.I.P Puddle
1f61e.png
So very sorry. Love the pic. she was beautiful.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom