Rainbow Chicks**new PIX****

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazypetlady, Jul 30, 2011.

1. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

I got some eggs from e-bay they were advertised as serama, bantms, silkies, d'uccles this is what hatched. Any idea what I have here? They ALL have fur on their legs and some have fur on their legs & feet.. The black one came from the tinest egg so I'm thinking it's a Serma as well as the white one. The big one is maybe brahma colored? the blue one has a yellow belly. What do you think if you can tell yet? any help appreciated. I can't wait to see them grow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2341144814605.2140389.1429480579&type=1

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You do have quite the assortment! Very nice!

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    They're probably all crosses. I do see a buff silkie that looks like it might be a pure hatchery quality (not show quality.) [​IMG] They're adorable whatever they are. Seramas, even if they aren't pure are the cutest little things.

4. crazypetlady

link to new pis added

5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I think your silkies are cochins

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I see a buff silkie and a blue silkie. It looks to me like they have black skin in the pic, but if not, they are likely cochins. [​IMG] Does the white one with feathered feet that has some dark wing feathers coming in have 5 or 4 toes? Straight comb? If straight comb and 5 toes, it's a salmon faverolle. I got a SF bantam pullet this year and we love her! If not, she may be a d'uccle cross. I don't see any poofy cheeks. If there are poofy chicks, those would be the d'uccles

7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    heehee what a bunch of cuties!

My guesses are that the black one is a silkie. As well as the buff one with the dark beak, and the blue one.

The other buff looks like a buff cochin

The two light ones may be Porcelain D'Uccles. It's not uncommon for hatchery birds to lose the muff.

Grats on the adorable bunch!

8. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I see no Silkies, Seramas do not have feathers on their legs or feet (they are clean legged), There might be 4 d'Uccles (the 2 whites and the 2 buff colored ones)
    The one with stripes looks like it might be a partrigde something and the blue is the closest thing to a Silkie I see but if that is a yellow toe I see under it in the 1st picture then its not a Silkie, Atleast not a PURE one.

Serama - Clean legged and 4 toes
    Silkie - Black/Purple skin and [[EDIT]] 5 toes not 4, sorry
    d'Uccle - feathered feet, comes in Mille Fleur, White and Porcelain

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  9. crazypetlady

Thanks for the help. I'll post pix when they are older. It is sure fun watching them grow!!!

10. crazypetlady

The blue one is the only one with 5 toes. I only just figured out from reading that silkies have 5 toes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by