Rainbow Fish meets Dracula???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kla37, Sep 28, 2010.

1. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Seriously, I laughed most of the way through that movie "Twilight." A SPARKLY vampire??? Huh??? Anyone else get it? Kinda ruined scary vampire stuff for me. And how is it a good thing for a girl to love a man that deep down wants to kill her?

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Never could get "into" the series... but sparkley... hmmm It may be worth watching now... ha ha... I like shiney things...

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Quote:Thinking of an "all's fare" quote lol.

4. kla37

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    It's like the makeup trend with glitter in overdrive. Really strange. The author must have done something right, well, something teenage girls love anyway. It just strikes me as very odd, and more than a bit laughable.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My hubby and I guffawed our bladders sore watching this movie. The acting was atrocious and the makeup! Come on! It was hideous on our fancy smancy HD whatever that big screen is we look at in our living room. Oh, Oh, bladder having memory urges....excuse me.

6. kla37

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    At the very least, it was silly. I just couldn't believe it! I rented it at the video store 'cause I wanted to see what all the hype was about. At worst, it was scary in that it made a relationship like that appealing. This little girl falls in love with some kid that "loves" her - - but wants to kill her. That just isn't a good example. I read the Anne Rice books years ago, and those fell a lot more in line with my idea of scary vampires! I couldn't help giggling through it. And she had that cute and nice native american boy she could have dated instead! Sorry, thought it was a joke.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, Nosferatu, he ain't. [​IMG] Ever see the original Salem's Lot? Now, that's a vampire!

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I'm more into the Van Helsing variety of vampires, myself. The Twilight series has a certain charm in that it's all about fairy tale happy endings, but I admit the sparkly vampire thing put me right over the edge.

Give me a big hairy muscly werewolf to keep me warm at night, thank you very much. [​IMG]

9. kla37

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Quote:Salem's Lot STILL scares the heck out of me! I've seen it twice, and I HAVE to be visiting my best friend, like for a whole weekend, to watch it. And I'm 37 yrs old!!!

10. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Quote:Its a teeny bopper movie. I cant stomach it or the books. But my teen relatives (and some are several years over being teens) LOVE IT!! They go crazy about it. I dont get it, but who ever said it above, the author did something right.

I dont like vampires at all. I was terrified when the babysitter took me to a vampire movie in 3rd grade. Spent the entire night awake. That was it for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by