rainbow layer assortment

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by F50myster, Jan 17, 2011.

1. F50myster

F50myster Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    hey has anyone bought the rainbow egg layer assortment from Murray Mcmurray Hatchery? im getting that assortment on Feb. 7 and i want to know what type of chicken breeds you got in your assortment and do you have any pics of your chickens all grown up or the eggs that they laid. thanks:D

2. OrphanNanny

OrphanNanny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Wausau, Wisconsin
    I did and am quite pleased with the assortment I received...however I didn't get a SINGLE blue or green egg layer [​IMG] I ended up with a couple silver laced Wyandottes, a couple Cochins, some Silver Spangled Hamburgs, a couple Rhode Island Reds, a few Black Mincoras, a Turken (could've been my free "rare or exotic" chick, but I LOVE her!!!)...a few Australorps, some laced Cornish Cross and a few that I haven't identified for certain yet, but indeed a beautiful assortment of hens. This spring, I'm just going to go ahead and order the exact ones that I want....like some of those Easter Eggers I sooooo had my heart set on....lol

3. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    OMG!!! thats not good!!! i would be so mad if i got no easter eggers!!! lol im sorry

4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    That's funny because my brother and I ordered one about 15 years and got several (Americana's) Easter Eggers. Then again that was some where along 15 years ago, and I think they fill these orders with left over pullets of filling specific breeds.

5. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    [​IMG]

6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    If you are not too far from the shipping point where the S&H won't be so expensive, this is really a good deal for the price, and you may luck out and get some EE's, I noticced that they went up quite a bit on the price of their EE's so maybee not many people will order them at that price so they will have more to put into the Rainbow Layer Special.

I try not to use Murray McMurray because they want too much for the shipping. Rediculious, if that is spelled right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by