1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

raining in texas

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lindsey8980, Nov 4, 2014.

1. lindsey8980

lindsey8980 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2014
    Wylie texas
    Hey guys it's chilly and raining here in Texas. My girls are about 9 weeks old and are pretty big and they seem to be completely covered in feathers. There out in there run and I'm worried there getting wet and cold I have there heat light on in there coop and even put there food and water in . do I make them go in there coop or let them sit in the rain

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Do they know where to get out of the rain? Can they get into the coop? If they can, and they just aren't choosing to, I'd leave them. They probably know what they're doing. My chickens don't mind the rain, usually. As long as it doesn't get really cold and they're wet, they should be fine.

3. lindsey8980

lindsey8980 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2014
    Wylie texas
    Ya they new how to get in they just wouldn't. I just got home from work and they had got in it this evening .They were all sitting at the door of the coop looking out. So cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by