RAiny and cold, can they still go out?

Vickilynn45

Songster
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
My chicks are 6 weeks old now, and their coop is almost done, but due to ongoing family emergencies it's not done enough that they can use it. :( It will be done by the weekend. They have been going out daily in their run, which is half covered with a tarp, but it has been in the 70's with sun. Today is off and on rain and much colder- like 50*. They are crowded and unhappy right now in their brooder box- which is a big hot water heater box. Is it too cold to let them go outside today if I provide them a box to get in with some pine shavings in case they want to warm up?

50* is a bit cold. Give them some treats and keep them inside. They'll be unhappy, but hopefully tomorrow will be sunny again.

50* is a bit cold. Give them some treats and keep them inside. They'll be unhappy, but hopefully tomorrow will be sunny again.
Thanks Sumi, I kind of thought so. It's started pouring since I posted and the temp dropped even more. They are actually being pretty quiet right now. :) Coop has to be top priority the next few days as long as weather and mother-in-law's health co-operates. :)

Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom