Raising and Growing Our Organic and Not- So-Organic Foods

Pics
Looks awesome!!!! Always love when the other little creatures move in. I too enjoy the dragon flies in August-ish. For now the baby toads are everywhere. Hope they are finding enough worms, etc.

Hey, what is the purpose of the yellow cups?? Other than just a splash of sunshine. lol

They are coated in vaseline to catch the bugs that want the squash! Hahahaa they get on but can't get off!

Arielle that a wonderful resource thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure if they would do well here in the south. The heat and humidity along with the black belt clay that seems to kill everything I try to grow is tough.
I have thought about trying to grow crab apples to see if they would grow here.

I've tried several times to root cutting from my apple trees they all died. I took cuttings off the ones that died that already had a problem that I did not know about them though.
I have one seedling left. Its about 5" tall. Lol

I tried 2 apple cuttings from this years growth to try out this new-to-me- method. Used the root-tone brand of rooting hormone, and used 1/2 perlite-1/2 peat on top of 1 inch of soil in the base as a water source. Made a pencil hole and set the cutting in. Of 2, one is green and healthy, the other is dried and black-brown leaves.

As I said just a learning experiment-- forgot to label the varity. lol:he

Back
Top Bottom