Raising Blue Slate Turkeys & Blue Swedish Ducklings together

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kiowa_farmgirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Kiowa_farmgirl

Kiowa_farmgirl New Egg

Apr 17, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm not new to raising poultry or ducklings but I am new to turkeys. I'm getting 4 Blue Slate turkeys and 3 Blue Swedish Ducklings and wondering if its ok to raise them in the same brooder together? They will be eating the same MANNA PRO GAMEBIRD/SHOWBIRD starter , which I've read as a nice top quality feed.

So any advice , concerns , problems , etc? Let me know. They are coming home on the 20th. [​IMG]

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, are you in Kiowa Colorado? I'm in Kiowa. Anyway, I've got a turkey poult in with three ducks and three geese right now and he's doing very, very well with them. They've reminded him about where the food and water is so he's eating well and I always wet down the food for ducks and he likes the wet food too so it's all working out great.

3. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    Just have to watch out for when they start playing in the water that the poult is not in there any more as he would get wet and could die from being chilled.

4. Kiowa_farmgirl

Kiowa_farmgirl New Egg

Apr 17, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks guys for the advice. Yes , I'm in Kiowa , CO. [​IMG] I'm getting them from the Kiowa Country Store/Feed. The chicks I got this year from them were the best I've seen , didn't loose one and the staff are always friendly & helpful.

I will certainly keep the turkey's out of the water when I introduce the ducks to water. Thanks again

5. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I LOVE the Kiowa feed store. I would give them ALL my money if they would just lower their price on alfalfa cubes. I may be over there on Monday picking up some turkey babies my self.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by