Raising California Valley Quail in Ohio?

WaterFowlMan01

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 28, 2012
Columbus, OH
Hello, I was wondering if I could own a pair of California Valley Quail in Ohio without a permit, due to them not being native to the state. I read in another forum that it is alright to own them as long as they are not native to the state. I would like to keep them as pets in a pretty large mixed aviary, but I do not know if I am legally allowed. Thank you for your time!

- Darian Woodson

...I read in another forum that it is alright to own them as long as they are not native to the state....
Agree with the above post. In my State, you are still required to have a permit to keep some upland gamebirds that are not even a native to the U.S. (e.g. ringneck pheasant and chuckar).

Check with your state's game and fish department. They will be the ones regulating game birds.

Agree with the above post. In my State, you are still required to have a permit to keep some upland gamebirds that are not even a native to the U.S. (e.g. ringneck pheasant and chuckar).

Thanks to the both of you! After doing more research, I guess that maybe my last option. Many different forums and threads suggested to contact the state's fish and game department, but unfortunately, I will have to wait, since I will be moving soon and I still do not know where I will be located. When I do re-locate, I will begin the construction of my new aviary and contact the department. Thanks again for the help! I really appreciate your response/s!

Back
Top Bottom