Raising chickens in Massachusetts

FarmerJH

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Central MA
Hi!

I've been purusing BYC for over a year now but never got around to joining. I finally did today and I'm really excited to be a part of what seems to be an awesome, knowledgeable community of chicken enthusiasts. I'm semi-new to chickens, I purchased a few bantam cochins and what were supposed to be ameracauna chicks from a local 4-H dad last spring. From what I've read and seen it pictures, the cochins are quite nice and true to breed (will post pics soon) but the ameracaunas laid brown eggs... ha! One laid dark chocolate brown eggs so I think she may have been a marans (RIP) and the other is HUGE and looks like a pretty blue orpington who lays lighter brown eggs with chocolate speckles. Anyways, I've really enjoyed my chickens so far and I'm looking to slowly expand my flock with show quality birds and try my hand at breeding so I would love any and all helpful criticism/advice you are willing to offer. I would also like to put out there that I'm looking for a nice partridge bantam cochin roo to breed my partridge hen to if anyone has one for rent/sale :p

Best,
J

Greetings from Kansas, FarmerJH, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Sounds like some beautiful birds you have there! You might find the bird you seek by posting in your state's thread in the link below. Good luck!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Back
Top Bottom