1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Raising chickens in Porter, TX

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by badhabitz98, Apr 12, 2013.

1. badhabitz98

badhabitz98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2013
    Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I have searched and can't seem to find the information I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help me out. :) is it legal to raise chickens in Porter, TX? What Laws are in place there regarding chickens? I'm moving there from out of state in a couple of weeks and would like to know. I can't seem to find any information on it, so I apologize if I've just missed it somewhere. Thanks for your help. :)

2. webgranny77

webgranny77 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Porter is an unincorporated area in Montgomery County. I couldn't find the answer either, but I did find a fellow Backyard chicken member (patchofheaven) who resides in Montgomery County, maybe he/she can help answer this for you. Good luck
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/3152/patchofheaven

3. badhabitz98

badhabitz98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2013
    Thank you Webgranny! I PM'ed Patchofheaven who kindly responded immediately. I just can't respond at the moment because of the PM limit. Hopefully it will be lifted soon or I will PM back tomorrow. Thanks again for your help! :)

4. webgranny77

webgranny77 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Well, what was the verdict? Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by