Raising Chickens in the HOA on the down low

Got4Kids4Chicks

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Hi,
I am new chicken mother (owner. I have 4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls. We just bought our first chicks last weekend. We will be raising our chickens in HOA hood! Gotta keep it quiet.....We have 2 buff orphingtons and 2 Plymouth Rocks. We live here in Texas.

My daughter came up with a joke inspired by her chicks. What does a chicken say when their thrift shopping?...Cheeeapp Cheeaap Cheeapp!

Thanks Shellee

Hi,
I am new chicken mother (owner. I have 4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls. We just bought our first chicks last weekend. We will be raising our chickens in HOA hood! Gotta keep it quiet.....We have 2 buff orphingtons and 2 Plymouth Rocks. We live here in Texas.

My daughter came up with a joke inspired by her chicks. What does a chicken say when their thrift shopping?...Cheeeapp Cheeaap Cheeapp!

Thanks Shellee
Very funny!
You know the differance between the kids and the chickens?
The kids growup and leave home!!! The chickens never do! LOL

Greetings from Kansas, Shellee, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you in our flock! Good luck to you and your flock!

So I know this is a little old but lets just say a friend of mine is running in to the same problem. They lived in an HOA that allowed them to keep chickens but moved and could not find a house within there price range in an area that allowed them. The idea was to create a coop in a storage shed, and a fenced in area for them. You can insulate the shed to help with sound and even the fenced area with sound proofing provided by home depot. Eventually plants will create a great sound barrier, just make sure that one they can't eat them all and two they can eat the plant without getting sick. Trust me HOA's are a nightmare but if you work within the rules you can hide them and they are so worth it.... or so my friend tells me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom