Raising Chicks

kjfrogster41

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Belfast, ME
My 3 RIRs have just turned 5 weeks. I believe they must be the most precocious hens any where. Conchita started it by flying, the other 2 (Roni and Pina) follow any thing she does. They play with their food, taking turns chasing each other around with whatever has been picked up: beetle, caterpillar, worm etc. When I bring the beetle container any where near them their excitement is almost hysteria. They look so adolescent! And, act that way too. But, they still climb in to my lap for a snuggle. Proud Mom!

Congrats, "Mom". and
welcome-byc.gif
They are so funny to watch, we have chairs and a bench set up to watch chickTV. We raise mealworms to feed them, only took one day for them to know what the worm container looks like.
lol.png

i just got two baby chicks and we keep them on the laundry bench, right next to the computer room which is where i am right now.
it is very cute because they love our company and call out to us whenever we are not in sight
love.gif
but i don't know how im going to get any sleep tonight
barnie.gif

the little black one is Adelaide (AKA- lai lai) and the bigger white one is Katherine (AKA- Kathy)

I have had mine for 5 days they are downstairs and I swear I am up and down the stairs 2 times and hour.

Back
Top Bottom