Raising Cornish Cross for eggs and companionship

Debbie Hicks

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2018
S.W. Ohio
I've been raising 6 Cornish Cross Hens since spring and they have all been amazing egg layers. Each one lays a beautiful brown egg with bright yellow yolks almost daily. I got these pullets from someone who was rehoming them and didn't know much about them. They are at a healthy weight at about 8-9 months old. They have a fenced area for exercise and are very sweet. I was worried about them getting too heavy but they are just beautiful and he
DSCF1143.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1153.JPG
    DSCF1153.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 14
I've been raising 6 Cornish Cross Hens since spring and they have all been amazing egg layers. Each one lays a beautiful brown egg with bright yellow yolks almost daily. I got these pullets from someone who was rehoming them and didn't know much about them. They are at a healthy weight at about 8-9 months old. They have a fenced area for exercise and are very sweet. I was worried about them getting too heavy but they are just beautiful and heView attachment 1611924
So great to hear!! I have 8 rescue CornishX that are about 3 months old. They seem good so far but I have read such negative things that I keep looking for the good. My girls are happy and healthy so far. Thanks for the hopeful thoughts. People are quick to kill these precious babies.

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_152749446.jpg
    IMG_20190302_152749446.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom