Raising ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nannychachi, Jul 1, 2016.

1. nannychachi

nannychachi Just Hatched

Jul 1, 2016
    WV
    I purchased my first ducklings one week ago and they have been a delight. We bought four Anconas to keep as yard pets. Hubby is building a deluxe condo for them in the yard. For now they live in the kitchen in a warm, cozy box. I researched alot about how to take care of them the nest and whoever posted about using puppy pee pads on the floor of the duck box is an absolute genius! It has saved me from scooping bedding everyday! The ducklings have already learned to walk from one side of the box to the other when I roll up the dirty pads and put down new ones. Is it wrong to love ducks? I hope not, because we sure love these little guys!

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us, and if you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask! Good luck! [​IMG]

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Aww...nothing cuter than baby duckies!! You will definitely want to connect with other duck owners in our Ducks section where you can post pictures, ask questions and talk more duck... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy your babies! And welcome to our roost! :)

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here and congratulations on your new duckings :clap They sure do sound cute little things and that your enjoying them very much. Please do pop by the duck link TwoCrows left for you. I'm sure you will enjoy all the chat about them there. We also have a duck breed focus that I'm sure you will find most interesting too ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1024526/duck-breed-focus-project

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

6. nannychachi

nannychachi Just Hatched

Jul 1, 2016
    WV
    Thank you all!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wish you could post a video of them going to one side when you are cleaning the other. You have very smart ducklings. Just for fun you may want to check out the "show us your house ducks," thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by