Raising ducks

Jellybean05

Songster
Mar 23, 2018
Princeton north Carolina
I am just starting raising ducklings and I got my two little ducklings a couple days ago and I got this app to inform myself about the two breeds and in the future i want to breed and hatch a sell but for now i need to focus on my two ducklings my mother has chickens GALORE!! So I have a lot of experience with raising and hatching poultry but we never had ducks so this is a first

Mine are babies. Two are almost 4 weeks and one is about 3 weeks. For the last two weeks they got swim time every night for an hour. Now they stay in the bathtub during the day(sleep in brooder with chicks at night) with straw on one side and a large metal dish/bowl that all three fit in filled with water(a mini pool) for now.

I heard if you let them have full access to water they are more likely to be messy (in the future) when you have the pool area for outside u should put rocks or gravel it would with keeping the grass from getting muddied but it sounds like a nice set up

Mine are babies. Two are almost 4 weeks and one is about 3 weeks. For the last two weeks they got swim time every night for an hour. Now they stay in the bathtub during the day(sleep in brooder with chicks at night) with straw on one side and a large metal dish/bowl that all three fit in filled with water(a mini pool) for now.

I heard if you let them have full access to water they are more likely to be messy (in the future) when you have the pool area for outside u should put rocks or gravel it would with keeping the grass from getting muddied but it sounds like a nice set up

They need access to water to dunk their heads and clear their noses. If you give them just a water dish they dont just drink from it. It ends up everywhere. Once outside there will be a pool area, a bucket for dunking and food. I'm pretty sure placement will be moved several times until I get it right. The clean up while in the house as babies is at least daily , most of the time 2x a day.

Back
Top Bottom