Raising Ducks

Nov 13, 2019
I have inherited 2 beautiful ducks and have never taken care of these beauties so I have questions.
How many times do you feed the ducks? I am feeding them 3 times a day and they seem happy but is it too little or too much?
Also one of them has hurt it's wing a little, he still uses it but it seems a little red, should I worry about this? Help....

You said the the wing was red..did he maybe just lose some “ blood feathers “. They are the ones that pull out blood when they are lost..but it looks worse than it is...is the wing tore? Drooping? Pictures please... what type of ducks

Most people free feed all day long. Some even provide feed at night. I would but they need water if they have feed. Water in the coop makes a big mess of the bedding so I choose not to feed at night. As far as the hurt wing, if you could post some pictures the experts may come along later and give some advice. @Miss Lydia @casportpony
Most people free feed all day long. Some even provide feed at night. I would but they need water if they have feed. Water in the coop makes a big mess of the bedding so I choose not to feed at night. As far as the hurt wing, if you could post some pictures the experts may come along later and give some advice. @Miss Lydia @casportpony
Thanks for all of your responses. They are pretty big about 2-3months old. The wing seems to be healing all by itself. They just don't seem to ever be cold, we have a nice very large dog house we put straw and shavings in but they don't seem to sleep in there. So I have bedding in all different areas of the pen and they sleep everywhere. They do go in there to check it out but never seem to want to sleep there. We are in the far northeast part of PA. and are having some really cold nights but they don't seem to mind. They have been out of the pen to walk around and really seem to love it.
Thanks again for all of your helpful responses.

Thanks for all of your responses. They are about 2-3 months old. The wind seems to have healed itself, I guess I just panicked. Thanks for caring since this is all new to me and I really love animals and only want them to be well and happy. They don't seem to ever be cold and we do live in the far northeast of PA. They have a very large dog house we put bedding in for them to shelter in but they only go in and out of it and seem to sleep outside of it in the pen all the time. They do like walking outside of the pen and seem to follow me around which I enjoy but sometime it's hard to get them back into the pen.
How do you know if you have females or males?? Do all female ducks lay eggs??
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom