Raising Pekins for meat In a PVC Tractor?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by CoopCrazy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Yes.. i have done it and Loved it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes.. i have done it and would not again? Why?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No.. It would'nt work Because?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No but I would like to try..

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I am wanting to raise pekins for meat and was wondering if a tractor could be used for them.. i want to make the PVC tractor 10x10 and will attach a under the bed container to the side for a bath.. Would this be plausible?

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    They need a big tractor... as they eat a lot of bugs and grass... way more than cornish do.

Looks like your going to have your hands full this spring! Meat rabbits, ducks.... sounds like me! [​IMG]

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Yep ... Rabbits , Ducks, Cornish X, Turkeys and Quail.... Trying my hardest to not by ANY Meat from the store.. Also almost have the folks talked into a Pig.. Just wanted to give a shout out as well on your posts.. i have learnt so much from your threads and really appreciate it.. its awesome to see someone as young as you and I doing what you do.. i have tons of respect for you.. I will be showing the folks your Pig thread as well.. love the electirc poultry Idea.. That way it geets too nasty and i can just move it to a new area..

Also how big a tractor for say 10 ducks you think???

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    anyone else wish to chime in????

5. Chicken03

Chicken03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Western Pa
    The pigs funny I almost had my parents talked into one also but they thought it would stink too much. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by