Raising poultry is better than TV.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lengel, Jun 6, 2008.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Am I right? I have eight pullets in a big brooder box, destined to go outdoors tomorrow, along with two very young turkey poults, five two day old guinea hen keets and a bearded dragon in my living room right now. My dogs and cats have gone to bed for the night but I'm still changing out food and water for the birds before I go to bed myself. DH will be up in a few hours to start the cycle of animal care all over again.

At some point, I realized that I have stopped watching TV. Occasionally it's on but I never see an entire show. Most of the time, it's on a music channel which, well, I could get on the radio . . .

Since I came from a "TV as babysitter" generation, I'm thinking that's pretty cool! And somehow so much more satisfying.

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol same here i notice when i got my first chicken about 2 years ago i started watching tv less and less.. cuz i was always out back wit the chicken..an now i hardly ever watch tv... i just listen to music Alot more.. and now i have over 40 chickens [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Yup Yup same here! And it's better for my little boy too [​IMG] We are always down by the chicks now rather then watching tv. Can't get enough of those chicks.

4. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Same here except it also pried me away from the tv and the internet too lol. Which is a good thing because a good deal of my day was spent in front of the computer until I decided to seriously get back into raising chickens.

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Some afternoons, I grab a lawn chair, Jack -n- coke, sit out back and watch the show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by