1. leight54

leight54 Chillin' With My Peeps

My pop door will be about 14 1/2 inches wide, and has to be in the floor of the coop. Is 6 inches wide enough for the ramp? (I happen to have some 1 x 6's on hand.)

2. leight54

Trying again....

Is 6 inches wide enough for the ramp? I only have 2 hens.

Thanks

3. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    That's about the width of mine, no problems here.

4. leight54

Thanks! That'll save me one trip to HD. (One, out of a hundred-and-one [​IMG])

5. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    If the girls dont like the 6",just sister the two of the 1x6s together tying them together with the cleats.

6. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:It the summer, it's the weekend... if you are anything like me, you will find another reason to go, [​IMG]

7. leight54

Quote:Oh, good idea! Thanks!

8. leight54

Quote:It the summer, it's the weekend... if you are anything like me, you will find another reason to go, [​IMG]

Plus, it's raining today! Can't work on the coop, but I can BUY more stuff to add to it..... hmm [​IMG]

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    When constructing ramps many folks add a series of cleats to give the bird's feet more purchase as the go up and down. I had noticed that dirt tends to accumlate at the cleat and I wanted something much cleaner. I had some 2x3 welded wire fencing that I cut a strip from and stapled to the ramp. Very little dirt accumlates on the ramp yet the board is no longer slick.

10. leight54

Quote:Thanks for the tip. I have some of that kind of fencing - coated, even - that I can use.

PS I moved here from Michigan last summer. Oh, and I love your avatar!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by