1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ran out of Oxytetracycline powder

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ladyearth, May 27, 2016.

1. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    started Sunday ran out is theere something better cause Baytril is hard to get and tablets expensive.
    Tired of this ongoing soft eggs, runny p[oo undigested food in poo. They almost all seem to be getting it
    Dont Yall even mention a vet please Ive been thru all of that
    If yall can thinnk about cheapet place to get the Baytril tablets let me know pleas. cause if I would have treated Baby Girl longer or sooner with it possibly shemight not have passed it on.Baby Girl is a non layer anyway
    and if its worms then they keep getting them with all this rain and constant going into piles of leaves etc while free ranging
    did the Safeguard weeks ago before that Valzben etc....
    no lectures please cause this chicken thing is driving me...RAH.... worse decision of my life. even though I luv my Girls.... something new everyday and usually not good
    thanks yall

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    OXYTETRACYCLINE is not for any other use the respiratory issues.DO NOT eat any of your eggs while giving them any meds.

3. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    well we have been so do others
    well acc to info its a broad spectrum
    well tekll me where to get something else already tried the fish zole for sev of them tablet form

Last edited: May 27, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by