Ranch Eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Agilityscots, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    This is my all-time favorite egg recipe. It's so darn simple, and it tastes divine. These eggs are prepared like scrambled eggs, but don't taste the same; they're much creamier, and they actually keep quite well in the fridge as leftovers. I eat them wrapped in a warm whole wheat tortilla...YUM!!!

Ranch Eggs

4 eggs, lightly beaten
    1/4 c. cottage cheese
    2 tbsp. diced green chilies
    1/4-1/3 c. shredded sharp Cheddar

Combine all ingredients.

Melt one tbsp. butter in a skillet over low heat, and cook eggs over medium-low heat, scraping skillet constantly after the first 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook, and remove from heat immediately when eggs are set. Eggs will be smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serves two. Easily doubled for a family or halved for a single serving.

Enjoy!

Amy

2. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I am making this tomorrow! I will need to use green pepper instead of chilies though because I do not havy any and chilies are to hot for me!
    Thanks Amy.[​IMG]

3. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Hi Standard!

Green chilies are not at all hot (I don't like jalapenos or even banana peppers). Green chilies are very mild and a little sweet, I think; they come in tiny little 4-oz. cans at the grocery store. These eggs definitely won't taste the same with bell peppers. Give green chilies a try! I think you'll be surprised!

Amy

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Ohhhhh,,I am thinking jalapenos then so I will have to buy some next time I go grocery shopping. Yes in the little can, I have seen them. Well there go my big plans for that!!! I want to get the true taste of the recipie so will hold off but that is not a problem as I am going to do a big omelet instead![​IMG]

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I love cheese in my eggs but never thought of cottage cheese...sounds yummy will try it for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Me either, before I tried this...I will say that the cottage cheese curds melt, so they just add a rich, creamy texture and flavor to the eggs. YUMMY!

Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by