Random Acts of Kindness- Feel free to post

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickygirl2, May 17, 2009.

1. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    With everything going the way it is these days, we tend to not see the good, and see too much of the bad. I thought it would be nice to post little things that make us smile, kindnesses that we witness and might like to share.
    I'll start.....

Today I was on my way to the feed store when I saw a car on the sholder of the road on the other side. A bit behind the car, still on the sholder ,was a turtle trying to cross the busy road. Approaching him was a young man, maybe 19 or so. I slowed down to watch as I approached. Not only did the young man pick the turtle up to save him from being run over, he brought him to the other side of the highway in the direction he had wanted to go. He could have easily just put him in the woods behind the sholder he was already on, but took the time to wait for traffic to slow and safely deliver him to his destination.
    I smiled all the way to the store thinking about it. It made my day : )
    Patty

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    that's very nice story

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I try to help people at my intersection that get into accidents or need help with calling someone. One guys front axel busted and I tried to get him some help but he already called AAA. I also help people reach high stuff they cant reach in stores. My mom and I used to pick up stray dogs in NC and nurse them back to health in NJ and try to find them good homes [​IMG]

4. chickygirl2

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    I think that's great Stevie!
    As a short person, I would be definately appreciative of help at a store reaching high items.[​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I help old people reach high things too - and I am short - I climb [​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I helped an old lady cross the road, when we go to the other side she hit me because she didnt want to cross the road. Hey its the thought that counts right. [​IMG]

7. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a goat in a dog crate in my house -- because we don't have suitable fencing, but the poor thing was being starved and neglected where he was. I'm going to get him into a proper home as soon as he's weathered, and healthy (mentally and physically). My pyr things he's in heaven with the thing, at least.

Now, off tooting my own horn: When my computer broke last month a bunch of people got together without me knowing, bought me one and had it delivered. People I've only known online. Now that? That's a random act of kindness and love.

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:I did that once and almost broke a shelf at toys r' us. I will never do that again. Now I just find something to hit the high toys with if I cant reach them.

9. chickygirl2

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

We had a rough couple of weeks here on the farm. My turkeys and ducks were attacked and most killed by neighbors dog, dd lost 4-h chickens due to flooding - just to name a few.

Someone that I get birds from occasionally got on my site and seen where I had wrote about the dog attack - she contacted me and told me to come pick up 6 baby calico turkeys [​IMG] I couldn't believe it [​IMG]

Then a good friend that I met on BYC bought me 10 lav ducks and found me a place to get Narris turkey chicks.

Then some very generous people from byc set my dd up with some tophat eggs (her fav).

I am so glad we still have wonderful people in this world. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by