Random Chicken Pics!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by theOEGBman, Jun 17, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Well,

I went and took pics today, and got some pics of the birds, obviously,lol. Im totally confused right now, its late, but I wanted to post em!

Here are some NN bantam chicks, and a couple NN bantam crosses. They were with a hen until today, and she decided they can care for themselves now. They are staying in a flock of 5 though.

[​IMG]

Here are some of the girls using the nest... Excuse the dust, Its pretty bad, LOL.

[​IMG]

Here is one girl showing me how to lay an egg...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you say, "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!!?" This girl is going through a crazy molt and she looks HORRIBLE,lol. She still has her tail, but man, she looks gross, hahaha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Rizzle. Look at his spurs! No wonder the dogs hate him so bad,lol. He likes to attack them, but that's fine with me. The pic is so funky because the flash went off. We were under the Pecan tree, so it was kinda dark.

[​IMG]

Here is Bear showing his girl how to lay her egg!

[​IMG]

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Jordan, what happened to those poor chickens? They look like some horrid science experiment, gone terribly, terribly wrong....

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Wow! Rizzle has some wicked spurs! No wonder he thinks he can whip the dogs! Still, that reckless one better be careful.

Thanks for the pics! I always love to see pics of your birds.

4. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    I love the one of Bear in the nest box, haha! Great pics, thanks for sharing [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    WOW [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Looking at those spurs it's not wonder your hen don't have feathers! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That Rizzle turned out to be one tough street thug, LOL!

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    That Rizzle does have long spurs. Is that a long length or "normal"? Bear looks like a really handsome roo! I like your nesting boxes!

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    [​IMG] David!!

I know, Lynn! He only beats the dogs if they mess with his girls, so he's a good boy. They sure are big though! You're welcome, I havent taken pics in the longest time, I figured I needed to.

I love that one too, Red! I was praying my brains out that he would stay put until I got the camera out,lol. Thanks!

LOL, HWMP! Rizzle actually isnt in the pen with the naked girls, there are two roos in that pen doing the feather pluckin! [​IMG]

LOL, Cyn! He can be a total butt, but he's the best roo ever.

Sweet, I dont believe there really is a normal length. Spurs will continue to grow no matter what, sometimes they break off or somethings you've got to trim them. I rarely have to trim them, but I have one little roo that has spurs that grow like weeds! Thanks! I got the nest box for $20 off of Craigslist, it was a steal.

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Has photoshop completely died on only my computer? I can't access the website and cant see any of the pictures hosted by it. Even all the pictures on my website are xed out. [​IMG] Can someone tell me if they show up on your computer?

I wanna see your pics, Jordan! [​IMG]

10. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    I believe Photobucket got hacked today. Nothing was working for a while, but now everything should be back to normal. The next time you log in the will prompt you to change your password. Or they did me at least. I was freaking out when I couldn't log in. I thought they had lost my pictures...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by