Random Eggbid Questions - For Sellers

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by rodriguezpoultry, Mar 30, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have some random questions about Eggbid.com.

1. Can I post a sale guaranteeing that I will have eggs to the highest bidder within 30 days of the end of the sale?

2. If not, can I make a "mock" auction that clearly states it's a mock auction?

3. How much exactly does Eggbid take from the final sale price (percentages would be AWESOME!)

Any other random tips on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    AWESOME! That is awesome news!

Ok, next odd question...
    How does one go about adding photos? Are the photos free to add or can you add links inside of the ad in order for people to click on the links???

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:You get one photo to come up in the auction. Upload it to photobucket. Then photo bucket give you 4 links to choose from. Choose the direct link, copy and paste the link into the link for the photo.

I think im going to stick with eggbid.com

The ebay list fee used to be .50 now its .70.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    They allow 1 photo (or at least there is one slot to enter the link). You can generate html for multiple photos using photobucket and put that link right into your auction listing. That is the only way I know to post more than 1 photo.

I would not recommend trying a "mock" auction on eggbid. Those auctions are contract agreements and folks would likely report you if you don't send a product. Many folks offer "presale" auctions and stipulate approximately when the eggs would be shipped (ex: within 30 days of auction end).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by