Random pics of our farm :) Very DUW!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BrahmaMama, May 24, 2008.

1. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I thought this was a neat picture, on a rare sunny day [​IMG] This is looking down our driveway, from in front of our house. Looking towards the gravel road
    [​IMG]

A cool planter that a family friend gave me, when she moved to an apt. So sweet of her!
    [​IMG]

My new favorite annual this year
    [​IMG]

And the other favorite color
    [​IMG]

The area we turned into my flower bed, since the mower can't get in between the walnut trees. I still want to get some nice flowering perennials to fill it in, but for now, Petunias, Geraniums, and Pansy's will do [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brahma hen running towards me [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Creampuff and Eclair, my Brahma mixes that I hatched this Feb.
    [​IMG]

Another of my hatchlings...this little GUY crowed the other day [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice Brahma chick that a hen hatched out
    [​IMG]

One of my two golden neck D'uccles
    [​IMG]

Blue Polish chick-have two left of the four originally ordered...one doa, and the other one, the one with the actual White Crest (!) was killed by my dog a few weeks ago [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Part of our horse pasture
    [​IMG]

Other direction
    [​IMG]

Our house, you can see where they have started digging, to pour the basement for Gabe's addition
    [​IMG]

Closer view-the paneling my husband just took down today-kept the ash from our corn stove off of the deck during the winter
    [​IMG]

Okay, last but not least [​IMG] Rudy, and some fluffy butts
    [​IMG]

2. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Wow! Your place is beautiful. That's my dream right there. Bonus on the bicycle planter. I did that with an old junker!

3. BrahmaMama

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Thank you [​IMG] I wish I was talented enough to make something...I have been watching rummage sales/antique stores, for "unique" planters, that I have seen other people have ideas with, but haven't thought up anything of my own yet, lol!

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I love it! Very nice place you have there and your chickens are beautiful. I loved South Dakota. [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Great pics BrahmaMama! Thanks for sharing!

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Very pretty - Those flowers are awesome....

I wanna see pic's of your horses and dogs.... [​IMG]

7. BrahmaMama

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Thank you Standard Hen [​IMG] Where were you at in SD? I complain alot about it-I grew up in the desert of California, and I really do miss hiking out in the desert, rock hunting/collecting, etc, but I am really thankful for what we have here. And I can't imagine raising my boys down in the little town I grew up in.

Thanks Buster! Love your sig line by the way [​IMG]

Thank you Wildsky [​IMG] I will work on pics....not the nicest weather today darn it. The dorky weather guy has been on tv for quite some time...severe weather again [​IMG]

8. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    BamaMamma, have you ever made a gazing ball? Now those are neat and simple to make for your garden. It would go perfect beside that GORGEOUS bicycle. Want to see my first gazing ball? Oh, also I save old ragged chairs. I cut out big holes in the middle and put plants in them. All recycled junk. Yeap that's my yard. Junk garden. Planters? I've gone so far to use an old gas grill.

9. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Nice looking spread. Rudy looks like a toughster.

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    If I'm right those flowers are Gerber Daisies, my favorite! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by