Random Pictures, Chickens, Ducks etc...more pic's page 4

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wildsky, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    decided to post some pic's from today - I don't take pictures often enough.

My Broody - she's only got a few more days to go - she has 4 Guinea eggs.

[​IMG]

Other Mommy - with her little mixed baby (mom Leghorn, dad Mille Fleur d'Uccle)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speckled sussex running away

[​IMG]

Ducklings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

APPLES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Araucana's

[​IMG]

The big fat nest box I made today out of Siding that came off the house.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I could make sooooo much crock pot apple butter with those apples!!!!! That baby is sooooo cute and dang those ducks have grown!!! Wow!! They weren't little for long were they!! Nice looking flock ya got there Wild!!! [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We've lost ALOT of apples to wind and hail, I collected up a bunch yesterday and decided to cut them open before feeding to the horse and goat - 50% had nasty brown stuff inside - from a bug of some kind - I only hope that only happened cause they were on the ground already.

Those ducks sure did grow fast, they're bigger than the bantams already - funny to watch them running! They're super cute and friendly and SMILE all the time [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh gosh, those pics were really nice! Those ducks are sweet, and all your other photos just made me feel good seeing them, thanks for showing them. Mmmm apple pie. [​IMG]

You don't have one of those apple tree mystery things going on, like a certain pear tree might have? [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Nothing weird going on here - the plums are taking an aweful long time - but thats about it - the apples are lovely - one of the branches in the tree broke at the end of winter sometime, and surprisingly its still heavy with apples on that branch - its hanging by a thin little bit and still managed to produce. We will probably have to cut that branch off or the snow will take care of it this winter.

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:That's too funny. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the pic of the apples. Hope they don't disappear in the night like my pears.

Great pics - I love seeing mama hens with their babies. I'm hoping to have that someday. Pretty white duck in the close up pic and I love the blue Araucana with its tufts.

7. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    Quote:uh, you ARE going to share that recipe, right?

8. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    that lavender? auracauna is cool!

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    What's up with the deformed chickens in pics 5 to 8?

10. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    No puppy pics [​IMG] [​IMG] I love the ducks and the Araucana's. Those ducks look good enough to eat [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by