Random pictures of our chickens, flowers and farm PIC HEAVY

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
I was up this am before sunrise. I had cut the grass yesterday afternoon and this am everything seemed to be glowing.
8175_housechickensflowers_036.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_030.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_027.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_023.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_021.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_020.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_006.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_002.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_001.jpg

8175_housechickensflowers_022.jpg

Oh wow...that is the most beautiful green landscape I have ever seen. Bravo on the good work. I come from central California which has more of a dry mediterranean climate. We only see greenery like that in February. Oh well!

Just beautiful pictures and your garden is wonderful. I have started letting my girls free range in the yard (which is much smaller than yours) and I am having trouble with them digging up the garden and yesterday they ate a geranium which I thought was a plant they didn't like! What is your secret?

Last edited:
Thanks for all your kind words! As far as the chickens eating blooms, sometimes they do, but most of all they dig in areas that I've just planted. It drives me crazy. The only option is to keep them in the run and they LOVE to free range. It's getting pretty hot here now so they spend a good portion of the day under the front porch in the cool dirt. They stay out of trouble under there. I put the chicken/dog drinking fountain by the porch so they pop out for a drink then right back under. So far they haven't eaten my veg garden. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom