Rant about my place

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Caat, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    to say I am frustrated doesn't even come close!!! Rent is ungodly, the house itself is ok but not much useable space!!! it costs us almost $700 per month Nov-May in heating!!! the electrical is terrible! I cannot use the microwave and spaceheater (in the livingroom) or we trip a breaker! we're losing heat through the roof. the water is friggin terrible! This morning, I went to the laundry room and what do I find???? SEWER BACK UP!! Oh yay. I've started looking for a new place but hubby isn't thrilled with moving... I can't take this house any more!!! and I want my moster-in-law to get the hell out!!! ARGH!!!!!!! we're always waiting for the next thing to go wrong here!!! One good thing is that our landlords are really good but it just doesn't make up for everything that's wrong with this place! Just called the plumber again, I hope they get back to me soon!!!!! end of rant.... for now...

2. TheWaddler

TheWaddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I feel your pain. I moved into a house 8 months ago and it has been nothing but a total disaster. Totally ineffectual landlord, house was in need of a ton of repairs that were supposed to be done before we moved in, needless to say they weren't done. Took 7 months for my kitchen to get a backsplash and all the plugs are still hanging out of the walls. House is all electric as well so summertime bill for 2 months of A/C was $1,186. Yard is completely full of broken glass where I think the junkies that used to live tried to save on their bills by not paying for trash service and just burning some of it....except during drought season when you can't and the crap just piled up.

I am waiting on the landlady right now to come over and do a walkthru with me so I can her to sign off on it so I can get out of my stinking lease. She doesn't have my deposit so I am making her family either foot the bill or I won't pay my last months rent here......the last 8+ months here have been a nightmare and I can't wait to get out!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is a lot to go wrong. [​IMG] It is a good thing you've got a nice landlord though. I hope things look up for your very soon. [​IMG]

4. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    I feel for ya hun!!! I'm thrilled the yard is decent but man oh man does it suck to have all these issues! we looked at 2 places yesterday... one is bigger but dirty and needs work, the second was nice but too small for us [​IMG]. we are going to keep on looking...

it's been 3 + hrs and we're still waiting on a plumber to call back!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by