Rant About People Wanting Chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have been debating on selling my "layer" birds in order to increase space for my breeder birds. Thing is...I haven't told ANYONE about it except some neighbors and people I've actually met.

I received this email:
    "well what all kinds of chickens do u have for sale and would u like to get rid of any of ur hens and if so how much and if not what would u sell them for"

I replied:
    "As of right now I haven't put any birds up for sale, but I am thinking about selling my Brahma cross hens to pet-only homes and selling my exhibition barred rocks, but I haven't decided on the Barred Rocks as of yet.

Make me an offer."

He replied:
    i have been paying anywhere from 2-10 dollars a hen depending on age and weight well i have several different breeds of chickens and getting new ones in everyday

(I didn't see a specific offer...)

I replied:
    I'm sorry but how did you find out about me? I haven't posted anything about selling any live birds on my website or on any other website?

He replied:

i dont rember how i found u but i did well do u want to sell or not thanks

Now OBVIOUSLY this is a kid or someone who cannot put a sentence together correctly or someone who just doesn't care. But it REALLY grinds my gears when someone pushes me. I haven't even decided on selling the birds in the first place?!

My reply:
    No...you're a bit on the pushy and rude side. I do not know WHERE you're from, who you are or what exactly you're interested in. Good luck finding someone to help you.

Royally ticks me off to no end...

to the person who wrote me and (might) happen to be on this board: Get some manners!​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I wouldn't have sold anything to this person either. They sound like a dealer who's looking to buy some cheap birds and turn a quick profit.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I know how you feel. I sell baby chicks and eggs, and people will call or email and ask a tons of questions, (which is fine) then not show up, or want me to bring them to them sometimes driving 30 or 40 miles or more one way from my house, for $15 worth of chicks. [​IMG]

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    Don't eliminate a scammer coming from your website or here!

5. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    HA! I'm surprised he/she/it successfully spelled "chicken".

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

want me to bring them to them sometimes driving 30 or 40 miles or more one way from my house, for $15 worth of chicks

Oh, i know. I had somebody last week. They wanted me to drive over an hour to bring them to chickens.

Also, I hate when people send the email saying "Im interested, call me xxx-xxxx". Thats so annoying. I like when people actually ask me questions about the birds for sale
    Another thing. Its so annoying when people ask a million questions, and then never reply if they want the birds or not. Or they expect me to hold the chicks for them.​

7. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    If they don't use capitalization, punctuation, or correct spelling, then the person is likely from the "text" generation (19 and under). From what I saw of your message, I would imagine it was a kid. You've provided a morale lesson to a child. Way to go! [​IMG]

8. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Quote:spot on. maybe i'm a bit stubborn but i don't have the time in my life for someone that can't bother to spell out the word "you" or "are".

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I dont bother even replying to anyone that cant take the time to type out the word YOU.

To me if they cant respect the English language they dont respect my country or themselves. And there fore wont respect what ever it is I am selling or rehoming.

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Oh, i know. I had somebody last week. They wanted me to drive over an hour to bring them to chickens.

Also, I hate when people send the email saying "Im interested, call me xxx-xxxx". Thats so annoying. I like when people actually ask me questions about the birds for sale
    Another thing. Its so annoying when people ask a million questions, and then never reply if they want the birds or not. Or they expect me to hold the chicks for them.

I know they email me to wanting me to call them when my phone number is right with my email addy on my ads. I look at it this way if they are interested they can call me. People wanting you to hold birds get under my skin too, Ive had calls and emails saying "if you will hold them for me untill next week I will probaly take them" the only way I hold them is if someone tells me when they are going to be here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by