Rant about postal rip off!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I posted some hatching eggs to someone on tuesday in a recycled flat rate postal box. By recycled, I mean someone had shipped eggs to me in it so it had already been through the system once.
    I repacked it with my eggs, marked out the words "flat rate box" on it and mailed the eggs through my post office for about $8 plus change (actual priority postage for only 7 eggs) I even asked if that was ok and was told it was because the box had already been used once and I had marked out the words.
    When the recipient of those eggs went to pick them up, they were told that until they paid the remaining $4 and some odd cents that they could not have the package! WTH?!!!!
    This makes me very mad! The box has already been paid for once, why do they charge you for it over and over if you choose to do the responsible thing and recycle it instead of throw it away!
    [​IMG]

2. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

i hear you! it cost me $21 today to mail a dozen eggs from florida to indiana. i sent my husband to the post office and he didn't know what to do, so he paid it! oy vey!

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:The boxes are free from the USPS. Priorty,and flat rate. Flat rate boxes have a higher postage rate than priority, unless you ship something heavy.

So you paid priority rate, but ship in a higher rate boxes. Your post office should have inform you of the difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by