Rant about stupid egg-eating people!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamabird, Jan 1, 2009.

1. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    Two things that irritate me...

First - we have a variety of chickens that lay all colors of eggs. It amazes me to hear people ask for "just white" or "just brown" eggs. "...I only eat the brown eggs because they taste better". I try to educate people and tell them that all the chickens eat the same things, therefore, the eggs should taste the same. They look at me like I am from another planet! And the people who see the green eggs for the first time....!

Second - We lost a retail client that was taking a large amount of eggs at a time. The manager told me he would not pay what we had been getting because "fuel prices have come down, and so should your egg prices". I tried to explain that while fuel prices had come down, FEED prices had not. Again - like talking to a wall! We found another outlet.

Don't even get me started on the lady who asked me yesterday if we had roosters with our hens. When I said yes, she informed me that she didn't want the eggs then - because she couldn't stand breaking an egg open and seeing a fertilized yolk. [​IMG]

Does anyone else get these types of questions, or do I just live in a region of idiots?? Just gotta laugh at 'em ...what else can you do??

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but there are stupid people everywhere. You just need to take a deep breath and realize that everything happens for a reason. I know sometimes banging your head against a wall seems the only way to cope.
    Sometimes having a few drinks before the banging of the head helps. You can not make the stupid go away....

3. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I have a bumper sticker that says.."make something idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot."

4. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    [​IMG]
    Love it!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My mom won't eat my eggs. At first it was because they're brown, and now it's because I've talked about their personalities and she wont' eat their eggs.

???!??

More for us.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Yeah, well how about the lady who told me that she didn't eat eggs because they are a fetus?!?! [​IMG]

Gotta just love those kind of people who know more about the animals you're raising than you do. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ugly you can work on....stupid is forever. They are just missing the best, freshest eggs on the planet.

8. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Love what you do.
    Laugh at the ignorance.
    Use that energy to become stronger.

ets..don't laugh out loud until the stupid person is out of hearing range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
  9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Now that's funny Cyn! [​IMG] It is true that they will be missing the best eggs on the planet also. To bad for them, huh? [​IMG]

10. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    A woman would not buy my eggs because they were not "homonized".
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by