**RANT** about TERRIBLE TEACHERS**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenwhisperer123, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    So. In health class a girl dumped some water from a water bottle on my shirt, (just as a joke, nothing personal) Then my teacher starts joking...

Then it gets a little personal...

Then after jokes about lactating (from the teacher), I hear him say "When are you due?" (FROM THE TEACHER!!!!!)

Im a Teenage guy.

I should have gone to the principal right then, but I thought, hes just joking around, no harm.

Close to the end of the period I was talking to a couple of my friends, and the same girl (as the water) came up and kneed me in the butt.

I YELLED "WHAT IS YOUR FRICKIN PROBLEM?!?!?"

I got a detention. She didnt get talked to at all. He said I HAD to do serve my detention tonight or tomorrow morning. I said I cant.

I went and talked to the principal, and he said that a 24 hour notice is REQUIRED for a detention.

I went and told the teacher, and he didnt believe me, so off I went to the principal again.

By now I was REALLY mad.

While I was talking to the principal, my teacher went and told my coach that I couldnt go to the cross country meet tomorrow because I failed to show up for my detention. (WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT WHILE I AM TRYING TO GET SOMETHING SORTED OUT?)

[​IMG]

Now its all sorted out, and I have a detention 24 hours from now, (and its not with the teacher, its with the principal. [​IMG] )

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME TEACHERS?

what else should I do? It was really embarrassing to be singled out TWICE, when I did nothing wrong.

Oh yeah, and the girl never got in trouble AT ALL!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    That is sexual harrassment and should have NEVER happened. A teacher should not joke with any boy or girl about lactating or pregnancy. Did you explain the whole thing to the principal? You shouldn't have got a detention at all.

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    When dealing with school administration, use legal terms that will get their attention such as:
    * harrassment
    * sexual harrassment
    then ask for their school board policy on such subjects, and ask what the grievance procedure would be for such things.
    They will pay attention.

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    P.S. I would give you detention for using "frickin" in my class too.

5. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] I know that that wasnt necissary, but it REALLY hurt. [​IMG]

6. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    detention for saying "fricking"? Good grief!! Is there no end to the silliness? I think some teachers are just on power trips. Yours sounds like one of them.

7. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    I would get my parents involved, pronto!

8. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Comments like that are considered sexual harassment, and if you didn't tell the principal about that I would ASAP (and use that word, it will get their attention), be prepared to give a few witness names from class.

Conduct like that is NOT acceptable from a teacher, period.

Edit: And yes, tell your folks if you haven't already.

9. anngili

anngili Chillin' With My Peeps

Tell your parents what happened (if you haven't already) and I'd also just keep in touch with your principal after the detention. Just let the principal know that you appreciate their taking and interest and getting involved, that you'll try your best to do well (even though you already apparently are), and that you'll let them know how it's going. And, if things are going well with the teacher, let the principal know. If they aren't, do the same. That keeps the principal in the loop and the teacher will then generally back off.
    I had a similar problem with a teacher in grade school but also had a good principal. I was a very good student and never had a problem with teachers before but that one really had a beef with me from the gitgo! My principal even went so far as to make the teacher give me the assignments, do the studying in her secretary's office, and checked the graded papers. After about a week of that, the teacher backed off but the principal still gave me a pass to come see her if the teacher jumped on me without cause again. I loved that principal!
    I think your teacher will probably think about their behavior and back off sooner that that, though!
    Good luck!

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I would love to know the OTHER side of the story too, BEFORE I recommended someone get the law involved. You do realize don't you?? There is always another side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by