RANT. Customer service - nobody is listening

meriruka

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
Yesterday I called a local garden supply to have a dump truck full of compost delivered to my home.
The man taking the order tells me he'll have them bring it today (Tuesday). I say, "Please don't, it's going to rain Tuesday & Wednesday, so if it can't come today (Monday), then Thursday or Friday will be fine. He says, "We'll try to get it there today (Monday)" and takes my phone #. Yesterday passed by, no one showed, no one called. This morning he calls to say "We're loaded and on our way."
Now I've got to gather every tarp & sheet & a pile of bricks to hold it down, stand out in the rain to cover 12 square yards of soggy compost - the very thing I was trying to avoid.

This is nothing compared to what a friend went through with a credit card company. His Aunt passed away, leaving him the executor.
He called & canceled her card. Three months later he gets a bill in her name with a membership fee & interest charges on the unpaid fee.
He calls to say he canceled the card on such & such a date. They say , "We have no record of that."
He: "Well then please cancel it now."
Them: "We can't until the balance is paid."
He: "She passed away on ------ and will not ever use the card."
Them: " We can't close the account until the balance is paid. If it isn't paid we will send it to collections. That will adversely affect her credit score".
He: "I don't think she'll mind."
He spent another hour on the phone with two other people up the command chain until it was resolved.

It's so frustrating that no one seems to be able to listen anymore........

Quote:
lol.png
OMG that is hilarious. I would have left the card open and let them waste their money on postage. What a bunch of idiots.

When my mom died, I called Social Security to notify them.
They asked about next of kin and a spouse because of the benefit.
I said mom and dad had divorced in the 70's. They asked if my dad would be claiming on Mom's SS.
I said no, dad died a couple years ago.

Then she says to send a copy of Mom's death certificate and a copy of the divorce decree.

I was fine with the death certificate, but asked why they needed the divorce decree.

She said it was so they could confirm length of marriage in case my dad made a claim.

So I said,
You mean you need the copy of divorce papers for 2 dead people who were divorced before you were probably born in case my dead father makes a SS claim on my dead mother's account?

She said yes.

I said
Tell you what, when my dead father makes such a claim, call me and I will send you the divorce papers in case he lost his copies.

She said
That will be fine, thank you.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

No, they don't listen anymore - or read, either. I had an online chat help yesterday to get my online mortgage stuff transferred to the company's new web site. Long story short, I could not get access to my account number and I stupidly did not have it written down, so I asked for help. After the pleasantries were exchanged, I explained that I needed help getting my account number so I could sign up for online services. The tech wrote back "I'll be happy to assist you, can I please have your ACCOUNT number?"
he.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom