Rant...I am so sick of irresponsible pet owners!!!

If someone is not feeding their pet is that considered neglect??

Yes it is. If they were treated as they treat their animals, this cruelty thing would end. Low class and low character human beings, they are. I'll never understand how humans can be so lacking in compassion and empathy. Those types also treat other people the same way, unfortunately. Call Animal Control and tell them.​

I say
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
to you, and
somad.gif
tongue.gif
barnie.gif
smack.gif
to your moron, jerk of a neighbor. I have 8 cats (would have even more if my DH [a very patient, loving, tolerant man!] weren't already at his "critter limit")
smile.png
and each of them is a rescue or former stray. They range in age from 18 yrs. 3 mos. down to 18 mos. Along with the 40+ inside birds we have, that's a lot of critters. I have fed other people's animals, have taken other people's animals or neighborhood strays in to be spayed or neutered, and regularly donate to animal shelters or humane societies. I wish my wallet were as big as my desire to help. I have wished many times I was better able to control my emotions so I could volunteer at an animal shelter / humane society, but I could not handle it psychologically. I know that may sound like a cop-out, but it isn't.
sad.png
Since my husband retired, our income has dropped by over 1/3rd, so I don't have as much disposable income as before. I still do what I can, and I never walk out of PetsMart without donating, either. I do what I can, and try not to feel badly about not doing more. Hugs and thanks to you on behalf of those animals whose lives you have touched.

without a doubt you are providing a good service to your neighbours cats and any other strays but what an expense feeding treating there ilnesses having them spayed etc. surely it would be easier on you if you just took them to a shelter and report the neighbours for neglect in the hope they will be prevented from owning any more for you to rescue

Quote:
That is what I was thinking. We get stray dogs around here all the time that folks just drop off. There is no animal shelter in our county, so they generally just get shot. The neighbor up the road collects dogs...has about 12 and they roam the neighborhood. I had shot a couple of them with a BBgun that were trying to get into my fence after my chickens. Some I have had to kill in previous years even before we had chickens because they went wild and developed a pack, and was chasing my 10 year old on her bicycle. I picked them off one by one. I contacted the sherrif first, but they said just kill them. *sigh* It's not the animals fault. People get on my nerves. We get all of ours spayed, and ALWAYS get a female dog, and they are kept in the house, or in the fence. Why can't other people do the same?!?!
somad.gif
rant.gif
I think I may have to kill a big pretty white boxer if he doesn't stay out of my yard, and feral cats are driving me nuts right now. They are living in the back yard, and it's just a matter of time before they are after my chickens as well. I heard one squalling back there this morning....my luck, it was giving birth
roll.png

Quote:
I really only pay for food and gas money to drive to the vet, and meds at a greatly reduced price if needed for a sick cat. I know some local rescue groups and an amazing vet who provide me with all of these other services for free. I definitely couldn't do it without them!! Well I probably could but DH wouldn't let me, lol.
And when I rehome a cat or kitten I charge a really small fee to cover my expenses. So I'm not losing any money, and since I can take advantage of these services that not everyone can I feel good knowing that the cats have had all the vet treatments they need and they're in tip top shape when they find a new home.
Sadly, even if I did contact animal control I doubt they would do anything.

Quote:
Pretty much sums up my feelings.

IMO purposely starving an animal is neglect, if not outright abuse... but so long as you're able to find homes, afford the vet bills, etc I understand why you don't want to start a war. But if you get to where you can't anymore definitely call it in... and maybe have your vet keep records of all these cats coming from their property so that there's a paper trail.

Cindiloohoo, there is a lady you can contact about that Boxer. (Sorry I have a soft spot for them).

Campbell County, TN Boxer Rescue Mission -- Knoxville area; contact Darlene Boyd

If you do a Google search you can find her and shoot her an email. The Middle TN Boxer rescue does not take strays or mixed breeds (dumb), so I do not know how much this lady can help but it is worth a shot.

Here is another link for you if Ms. Boyd cannot help.

http://www.ladywind.com/bxrpages/boxerrescue.html

Good luck!

We have our 4 cats thanks to somebody dumping their pregnant cat 2 days before she delivered 6 babies. Managed to re-home mom and 2 babies. I hate how irresponsible people can be.

Your doing the right thing by helping these cats...
I'd do the same thing...
Matter of fact i have done the same thing..
Didnt care if my crack-head neighbor knew either...

Thank you, all of you, who step up when lower life forms (irresponsible humans!) won't. You are making the world a better place. Kudos also, to your vet who is so good hearted. Have heard too many stories about vets who turn away from the opportunity to save a life, such as a cat hit by a car, because a good samaritan found it, raced it in to get help, but didn't have the money right on the spot to pay. How does one become that calloused...

I too am sick to death of irresponsible humans. There seems to be no end of them, and they are breeding.
th.gif
It is very uplifting to read about other folks who care enough to help these innocent beings who through no fault of their own find themselves in bad circumstances.

JJ
hugs.gif

Quote:
I really only pay for food and gas money to drive to the vet, and meds at a greatly reduced price if needed for a sick cat. I know some local rescue groups and an amazing vet who provide me with all of these other services for free. I definitely couldn't do it without them!! Well I probably could but DH wouldn't let me, lol.
And when I rehome a cat or kitten I charge a really small fee to cover my expenses. So I'm not losing any money, and since I can take advantage of these services that not everyone can I feel good knowing that the cats have had all the vet treatments they need and they're in tip top shape when they find a new home.
Sadly, even if I did contact animal control I doubt they would do anything.

Its a sad state of affairs when its up to good people like yourself to pick up and care for these poor animals, but i guess its how many rescue centres were born. I'm so glad you have support in getting them fit and healthy ready to be rehomed into loving forever homes. hats off to you
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom