1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RANT ON CHICKENS... and penguins... and books... and other things...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Telamon, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    Why do people keep calling people "chicken?"

Chickens aren't THAT scared, since they were born from their domesticated ancestors, they are like that. Stupid people keep making fun of chickens, and im sick of it. My friend even told me that Penguins are in cool games, like the dumb one, what was it's name? CLUB PENGUIN... I told her my pet makes me breakfast, ([​IMG]) and she STILL tells me that penguins are awesome ALMOST EVERY DAY... Anyways, did anyone ever read the book: "Georges Marvelous Medicine" by Ronald Dahl? Right there in the book, it said: "Chickens are stupid birds, and greedy, too, they think everything is food." Well Ronald, thats your opinion. THATS why i don't read Ronald Dahl books unless im forced to. [​IMG]

(Rant almost over...) my opinion is that chickens are as good as those fat, ugly, black and white owls with a bad hair day. [​IMG]

so to anyone that hates chickens, get off of BYC, and get a life. [​IMG]

okay, rant over. [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    His name is Roald Dahl, not Ronald. And to a certain degree I agree with him.
    I've raised chickens over 18 years now, and they are not the brightest of birds. Sweet for the most part, but very food oriented and usually go to the wrong side of the gate. Repeatedly.

"so to anyone that hates chickens, get off of BYC, and get a life"

And telling people to "get off BYC" is not a good plan. The idea is to educate people about chickens, not run them off with childish rants. I doubt anyone here "hates" chickens.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Good one!

Uh no, no one even hubby or my parents can tell me to get off of BYC forever!

4. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    Quote:Good one!

Uh no, no one even hubby or my parents can tell me to get off of BYC forever!

perfect. [​IMG]

5. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Yeah I think that's a little too far down the road, I mean, getting that upset about what people think of chickens, I think it's not such a good idea to do that.

Chickens were for many years, farm animals. People say equally unkind, unfair, unpleasant things about horses, pigs, cows and sheep.

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I too, to a degree, agree with the others. The easiest and best thing to do though would be to just say "each to their own." Not only do I own chickens which most people don't understand, but I also raise gamefowl which is a double whammy because people see them as "Vicious, aggressive, evil, un-adoptable" and so on (which isn't true exactly, but that is for another time).

-Daniel

7. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Next time, just say "Well, that's nice" and go on with your day. And then quietly eat the breakfast your chickens provide knowing your friend will never have a pet penguin that lays eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by