Rant on my step-mom....

What an awful situation you're in, and it doesn't sound like your Dad is making it easier by letting you in on any marital problems. People can say whatever they want about how you feel about the inheritance, I know my Dad has some family things like the family bible, his old guitar stuff that I would like to stay with kin when he passes and not go to our stepmother and stepbrother. It's human to think along those lines and it doesn't make you a bad person because of it.

All you can do is just be his daughter. Does this woman love your dad? Does she take care of him in a way that he likes? Can you be a part of their life by loving your step-niece/nephew? It does sound like you and your siblings started out not wanting to like her, and went out of your way to see all her faults. We all have faults. Can you find anything about her you like? Can you love her because your dad loves her?

No, She doesn't really take care of him at all. She doesn't cook, he has to do luandry and most of the cleaning. It hurts me when he tells me he's only had a sandwich since yesterday. I offer to feed him and sometimes he takes it. But I feel it is a silent plea. Why else would he tell me these things. But we do get along fine with her children. We don't socialize per say, because of the age difference. They are younger and party alot. My brother and I got over that years ago..LOL We have taken the younger child fishing with us. After reading the replies and thinking, I will ask him point blank if he is happy. If he is, I will do as I have been and keep my mouth shut about how I feel. If he says no, I will listen to why and still keep my feelings to myself. But offer to support him however he needs me too. Will update with his answer......
And to Ruth, the inheritance isn't the issue here. We only mentioned the land to him so that in case the alledged "gossip" is true, he will still have a place to live. He took it upon himself to have it done two months after we mentioned it. So he must have thought it might be a safe decision after what happened to my grandpa when he married a younger woman..
I would also like to say, Thank god for my chickens.. and BYC.. Cheap therapy.

Modern Family ... you already have a show based on your situation.
lau.gif

I am glad your dad agreed to sign over his property. They are both getting something out of being together. Maybe different things but Que Sera Sera....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom