1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rant - Rave - Vent - Update - She showed up this morning ...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sjisty, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I can't believe she did it again! We have a weekend business selling bird toys at shows across the southeast, and I have a woman who comes and takes care of my chickens, cows, and pets. SHE DIDN'T SHOW! We got home to chickens without water, turkey poult without food, and caged birds hungry. She did this to us once before and I told her she was very lucky I didn't fire her on the spot. Just wait until she comes today for her pay!

Now I have to find somebody else. I am not sure how or where - anybody out there from Brooksville, Florida who wants a weekend job?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Tell her some died and you expect payment...check out the look on her face then tell her shes FIRED!!

3. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I'm looking forward to seeing the look on her face when she gets here. I have Macaws who were very hungry and happy to see us last night when we got home. The only one not hungry was the dog!

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG] That is for your no-show
    This is for you [​IMG]

5. WitksChicks

WitksChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Central CT
    It amazes me how irresponsible some people can be. Hope this person doesn't have any pets that are dependent on him/her for food/water.

I'd have fired the person after the first time they didn't show, especially if the person didn't have a legitimate excuse (family emergency, that sort of thing).

Are they all ok?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  6. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    ... and lied! She said she came over and fed everyone, watered the chickens, fed the inside birds, etc. I'm soooo mad! My 5-gallon chicken waterer was dry, my 2 gallon waterer in my little guy coop (with only 3 young chickens) was filthy, etc., etc., etc. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everybody is okay, but what if this had been a long weekend for us? Thank goodness it was only 2 days.

Next weekend we will only be gone overnight. I have until the first weekend of October to find a replacement, and believe me, I will!

7. Casey3043

Casey3043 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is my biggest fear---that someone who is supposed to take care of the animals doesn't show. I have an excellent sitter that I found on Angie's List. She has a reliable backup in case she gets sick or hurt (God forbid).

The first one I had came and did the job, but not the way I wanted, and she brought her young kids into my house. Not happy with that!!

I hope you docked the pay, or didn't give her any since she obviously had not done the job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by