Rant USPS tracking updates when expecting chicks

littlekatzz

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
Ugh anybody else getting peeved with the lack of updates from tracking info? I had chicks shipped out from ideal poultry in Texas which left weds. Called ideal got my tracking number. And sure enough birds left Texas weds which is also the last time my updates have changed. I'm hoping my birds are at my local post office in two hrs... But sure would be nice if I knew where they have been in the meantime.

In my experience (okay, only one chicken order), if you asked that the post office call you when they arrive, they will do so before even checking the package in. I didn't get an update on my tracking until I was standing in line at the PO to pick them up. HA.

I feel you there! My last shipment of ducklings left from California, and there was absolutely no information on their whereabouts after that on the USPS tracking page. It was the day of their arrival-about 2:30 p.m.-and still no call from the post office. We contacted all our local post offices, as well as a main leg of USPS, and nobody knew where they were! One guy said that they could be here in another 3 days, though it had already been almost 3. Here I was, distraught thinking my ducklings were lost in transit. At this rate, they would never arrive alive. But, lo and behold, an hour later, we got a call from our closest (and smallest) post office, saying that we could come pick up our peeping package. So, today I have three beautiful grown ducks out in the barn that I thought I would never have! I hope your situation straightens out, and your precious babies are delivered in safety.
big_smile.png

-Alex

Well this isn't my first rodeo with having chicks shipped. And every time I request the tracking number hoping this time they will actually update in the meantime other then after I'm already holding the chicks.

Well this isn't my first rodeo with having chicks shipped. And every time I request the tracking number hoping this time they will actually update in the meantime other then after I'm already holding the chicks.
Yeah, it really defeats the purpose of a tracking number. For some reason, our chicks always arrive at a different post office in a different city than the time before. Talk about confusing!

-Alex

wow now I'm super scared! I thought I could count on the tracking! now I'm going to be sick with worry! my chicks are coming April 11th. Hatch and ship date! I have a question for you all. we're your chicks express or priority? if it makes a difference

Well birdies came on time... Half DOA :/ Ideal is going to replace no questions asked which is awesome... Sorry I didn't update earlier had a surprise this morning when my donkey gave birth to a hinny

Glad your getting your replacements. are they shipping out right away or are you waiting for next hatch.? I'm really sorry about your losses. it's difficult because we never know how they will be handled from the post office. Are you having cold weather there where you live or is it warm? It's 70 here in California now. I hope everything works out well with your next shippment.

They asked that I called back on mon so that I have a few days to tally up any losses I may get over the weekend

Well birdies came on time... Half DOA
hmm.png
Ideal is going to replace no questions asked which is awesome... Sorry I didn't update earlier had a surprise this morning when my donkey gave birth to a hinny
Oh dear, I am so sorry for your losses. I count my blessings, because I haven't lost one yet. Of course, this is although I'm very aware it could so easily happen to me, too.

-Alex

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom