1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I just have to rant for a minute. I am sitting around feeling miserable today. I haven't even gotten dressed, just lazing about with a wicked cold. My husband, who is feeling just fine by the way, has been in and out all day doing whatever he feels like doing. He came home a bit ago while I was huddled on the couch under a blanket and had the nerve to ask me what I am going to do about dinner! Are you kidding me? He isn't working... why can't he make dinner???

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Good grief!!! Why are so many husbands out there so clueless??? I got very lucky with mine.

3. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    I feel you. A bunch of ingrates in my house too. Just pray 'em through and try not to get your feathers ruffled. [​IMG]

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Been there done that. Isn't it amazing when they are sick or needing something its aways honey can you do this for me, but when we are sick...... Hello I always say I know its OK for me to get sick as long as dinner is on the table,laundry is done etc. UGH Men they are all the same.

5. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    I do not get it either. My DH would never let me fix dinner if I were sick. One, because he actually like doting on me, and two, he would not want my germy self near his food. ;-) Tell Mr. Clueless to start appreciating you and taking care of you.

Feel better soon. Here's a hug.

6. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Mine is the same way. I have to schedule being sick while he gets to curl up on the couch and nap if he is feeling tired or even a little under the weather. When he asks whats for dinner I say, "Whatever you are cooking!!"

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Why are so many husbands out there so clueless???

Just like anything else you hear more about the bad ones than the good ones. There are also alot of very good husbands out there.​

8. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    My husband is a good one. And he knows how to make peanut butter sandwiches all by his wittle self. [​IMG]

9. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:i find that slightly offending, luckily im not quite a "man" yet. or i would have lost my top... Im not like that, and NEVER will be

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:i find that slightly offending, luckily im not quite a "man" yet. or i would have lost my top... Im not like that, and NEVER will be

I agree I won't let a sick woman cook for me thats the way I grew up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by