Rant!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenObsessed!!!, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ChickenObsessed!!!

ChickenObsessed!!! New Egg

Jan 15, 2009
    Why is it that whenever I mention the fact that I love chickens, and am planning to hatch them, people react with:

"Ew, chickens? Why?? Those things are disgusting! People won't want to be your neighbors or anything!"
    or, for instance, my parents:

"Shelley, you've made some pretty stupid choices during your lifetime, but chickens?

I LOVE chickens. I'm fed up with people coming at me on all sides saying that they aren't good pets or animals. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    There was another "rant' today and the person said the exact same thing as you. You are right, people do not understand. That is why you are on this site. We here at BYC understand, because we LOVE chickens too! I am currently hatching my first eggs. Most people have said, "Why are you hatching eggs, don't you already have chickens?". I just simply smile and say yes, I do. But here on BYC, there are people who follow my hatching thread and get excited with me that my eggs have veining! That is why I love this place! It's ok if they don't understand.....you can talk chicken all day with us!

3. Katie Jo

Katie Jo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Lol...I just posted a thread on this EXACT same thing! Must be something in the air...I dunno. Or maybe it's the winter grouchies. I'm hoping everyone gets over it though....because I'm having chickens whether they like it or not!!!

4. ChickenObsessed!!!

Jan 15, 2009
    Tell me about it, I'm getting more and more addicted to BYC by the day! [​IMG]

5. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Yes, I read your thread. I couldn't remember who it was.

Glad to find another person who LOVES chickens! [​IMG]

6. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    ChickenObsessed!!! :

Tell me about it, I'm getting more and more addicted to BYC by the day! [​IMG]

I totally understand. It is hard to stay away from this place!​

7. ChickenObsessed!!!

Jan 15, 2009
    Katie Jo wrote: Lol...I just posted a thread on this EXACT same thing! Must be something in the air...I dunno. Or maybe it's the winter grouchies. I'm hoping everyone gets over it though....because I'm having chickens whether they like it or not!!!

I just saw your post, and you're right! They're almost exactly the same. So true about the negative comments....[​IMG] But they aren't going to rain on my chicken parade!!​

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Had city folks telling me that too! I would say Go HUG a chicken!

9. Katie Jo

Katie Jo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Quote:LOL!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by