1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    So we invited my dad's friend over to eat the other night and he brought his wife along who I already dislike...she drinks way too much and supposedly she is done with the drugs but I don't know because she still seems crazy to me. She repeats everything she says like 20 times. Anyway she asked where the bathroom was and I told her where, didn't think anything of it. They ate and left. The next day my mom couldn't find her eyedrops. My dad visited their house and used the restroom and found MY mother's eyedrops in her cabinet! So my dad takes them back, aha. My mom isn't going to use them because she had them but she wasn't going to let her keep them either. My other dad's friend told him to dump it out and put soapy water in it and put it back in her bathroom. [​IMG] But we're not that mean. It just makes me mad that we cook them dinner and everything and then she steals from us? Even if it is just eyedrops...

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yeah..she sounds a bit loopy, hun. Now remember her and how dumb you think she acts and that should be a reminder to stay away from drugs and drinking. [​IMG]

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Eye drops are nothing, though. I had someone (a significant other of a close friend) come over for dinner and walk off with my much needed post-operative pain medication. So, there I was, in agony because I just had surgery, cooking a great meal for friends and they thank me by stealing my pain meds. B..[​IMG] !!

Last time they were ever invited over I'll tell you.

4. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Quote:Have them over again, get some laxatives and swap pill bottle contents. [​IMG]

5. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:Have them over again, get some laxatives and swap pill bottle contents. [​IMG]

LOL [​IMG]

6. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    Good thing you aren't mean. Doing that would be just nasty....no need to stoop to a low level cause others are low.

Do not invite her over again. Simple to just fix this. Meet them at a restaurant or go to their home etc.

For me, no more invitations. I can't deal with crap like that in my life...I won't allow it.

best of luck to you finding that easy common ground to move forward.

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I must be a VERY mean person.

I would also consider putting clear icy-hot gel on the toilet. Shame on me!!!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Well, if your mean, then i'm evil...

9. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Nah, you can't fault them for using your toilet ... but if you take pain meds out of the bottle and put in some laxatives, it's their own darn fault if they steal them.

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OK fine...put it all over the shower curtain. That way, when they decide to take a peek to see the ring in the tub... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by