Rare American Heritage Breed Barred Holland Auction

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Blarneyeggs, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    For Auction, 12+ any extra fresh Barred Holland eggs. Valued by American Farmers in the 30's for their white eggs and duel purpose, these chooks are now the most endangered American Heritage Breed. Their counterpart, the White Holland is believed to be extinct.

These are absolutely the sweetest chickens we own, calm and easy to handle. Our roo is gentle with the ladies ~even the chicks and young roos. Barred Hollands are duel purpose birds laying a medium to large cream/white egg.

Bidding should be on the Thread and not in a pm. Bid starting at $15.00 with a shipping price of $15. I will mail the eggs out on April 16th. Thanks for looking!
    This auction will end on Saturday, April 14th, 9:00pm EST. Payments are taken via Paypal only, I will PM the winner with our PayPal information.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I have been looking for these, they are very hard to find. Where did you get your birds?

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Yes, I too had a difficult time getting Barred Hollands. I bought them through e~fowl who found them in Texas. I had been looking in 2009, 2010. The thinking then was, buy where ever you find them, close your flock. Breed, Breed, Breed. Then cull hard. I have some pictures of a 3 1/2 month old Trio of mine for sale locally posted in the Breeds, Genetics & Showing in a Thread titled 'Barred Holland breed of chickens' if you want to take a peek, or just get in touch with more Barred Holland enthusiasts.

You asked about my favorite qualities.... first would be termperment, followed by foraging skills. It's always a surprise to me when it snows and my feed bill goes up, these girls have me spoiled.

The girls are laying like gangbusters. Did you PM me 24th for your current hatch date? I can fill your order on the 23rd or 30th if that works for you so you have time to get your bator all squared away. Let me know for sure, and good luck with your hatch.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. Amyable

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Thanks Blarney! Shipping on the 23rd would be great. PMing you again. [​IMG]

5. Amyable

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I got 5 little beauties, thank you so much!

6. LunarBug

LunarBug Chillin' With My Peeps

Will you be running another auction or do you have eggs available now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by