Rare and Exoctic Chick ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4Him, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 4Him

4Him Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    San Juan Islands, WA
    When I received my 30 chicks from the hatchery, they also sent 1 'rare and exotic' chick. His markings as a small chick looked very similar to the Wyandottes. However now is 4-5 weeks old and he isn't at all like them. Does anyone have a clue? He/she is larger than the other chicks and has beautiful markings.....but darn if I know what he is! Can someone tell me how to get a picture posted so I can show it on my post? Thank You

2. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

Go to uploads above and click it. Check selct file and add your picture. Upload it amd then when you want to put it in a post, go to uploads and in the second row of letters and such, right click to copy it. In your post, paste it. Walla! Good luck. Cant wait to see it!

3. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

It will say thumb: or image: I always copy the url for the image as I I assume the thumb is a tiny thumbnail.

4. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Click on Uploads in the menu bar at the top of the forum page. Follow the directions...make sure you right click on the image tab under your uploaded pic....copy and paste into your post. Most say that they had to wait until they post 10 times but I didn't have that problem. If you can't upload a pic...find a couple of topics and boost your post number until you can. Good luck and...
    [​IMG]

5. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I believe that you have to have more posts before you post pic. Pop in to few posts and say hello and you should have enough pretty quickly.

6. 4Him

4Him Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    San Juan Islands, WA
    [​IMG]

This is our 'rare and exotic' bird at maybe 1 week old.

[​IMG]

And this is at 4-5 weeks old. I named him Forrest because he would run circles around the other chickens, he was always running...."Run Forrest, Run...."

7. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:See those poofy cheeks? looks like an Easter Egger to me. Cute [​IMG]

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    That chick is the 'very rare and exotic' Easter Egger. [​IMG]

Chris

9. 4Him

4Him Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    San Juan Islands, WA
    Thank you very much for your replies. I'm new to all of this but I love my chickens and I love this site. [​IMG]

10. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Easter Egger for sure, and likely a cockerel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by