Rare Black Quechua Olmec

sillyfab

Chirping
May 14, 2018
We are offering 6 eggs $40. plus shipping ...Ultimately rare with only a handful of breeders maintaining this landrace of chickens. 6+ Black Quechua Olmec are an ancient landrace from Bolivia. They were collected in South America in the 1970's and maintained by a private collector. With such a limited gene pool our program practices strict culling with our goal for a Fibromelanistic multi colored egg layer with a gamey but friendly soft temperament.

Fibromelanistic (meaning they have black skin, meat and bones), my BQO lay blue, green, pink,brown, and cream colored eggs. A rainbow basket of medium sized eggs. Your cream and pink eggs may produce blue and green egg layers. Males are vibrate colored with burnt rust feathers against rich purple black body. Combs vary to low crowned to a pea comb which is preferred. Females are generally black with a purple sheen to their feathers. Some females will also have the burnt rust and grey feathers about their hackles. They are an extreme gamey looking chicken
My experience with them is that they are very cold hardy, seemingly disease resistant, and predator-leary. Roos care for the females with tentative care and regard and are protective yet patient and tolerant with their handlers.

Be Forewarned:
This is not a breed, they are continuous work in progress therefore do not always breed true. People who raise these birds value their heritage, their rarity, and beauty.

Hatching Eggs Disclaimer:.
If this is the first time attempting to hatch shipped eggs please research the risks of shipped hatching eggs! We will do our very best with wrapping and packing the eggs securely to give them the best chance to arrive to you in hatching condition. Even with the best packing we can not control the handling of the eggs by the post office however will replace damaged eggs.

Attachments

• 20190403_134026.jpg
    20190403_134026.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 20190403_134134.jpg
    20190403_134134.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190410_153218.jpg
    20190410_153218.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
OMG no way did I miss this. I've been looking soooooo long. Actually kinda pissed this post is right before my birthday and I missed it, seriously!

Last edited:
We are offering 6 eggs $40. plus shipping ...Ultimately rare with only a handful of breeders maintaining this landrace of chickens. 6+ Black Quechua Olmec are an ancient landrace from Bolivia. They were collected in South America in the 1970's and maintained by a private collector. With such a limited gene pool our program practices strict culling with our goal for a Fibromelanistic multi colored egg layer with a gamey but friendly soft temperament.

Fibromelanistic (meaning they have black skin, meat and bones), my BQO lay blue, green, pink,brown, and cream colored eggs. A rainbow basket of medium sized eggs. Your cream and pink eggs may produce blue and green egg layers. Males are vibrate colored with burnt rust feathers against rich purple black body. Combs vary to low crowned to a pea comb which is preferred. Females are generally black with a purple sheen to their feathers. Some females will also have the burnt rust and grey feathers about their hackles. They are an extreme gamey looking chicken
My experience with them is that they are very cold hardy, seemingly disease resistant, and predator-leary. Roos care for the females with tentative care and regard and are protective yet patient and tolerant with their handlers.

Be Forewarned:
This is not a breed, they are continuous work in progress therefore do not always breed true. People who raise these birds value their heritage, their rarity, and beauty.

Hatching Eggs Disclaimer:.
If this is the first time attempting to hatch shipped eggs please research the risks of shipped hatching eggs! We will do our very best with wrapping and packing the eggs securely to give them the best chance to arrive to you in hatching condition. Even with the best packing we can not control the handling of the eggs by the post office however will replace damaged eggs.
Do you still have the black quechua olmec available?

Back
Top Bottom