Rare Breed Poultry Conservation Project

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DaggerD, Feb 11, 2009.

1. DaggerD

DaggerD Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Idaho
    I was thinking about getting a bunch of Partridge Chantecler's, as they are listed under "critical" with the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy. I read in one of my books that they started the Rare Breed Poultry Conservation Project and offer assistance to anyone willing to make a long term commitment to one of their targeted breeds. Do any of you know anything about this. I looked on the ALBC website and didn't see anything about it. But I figured I should look into it.

Thanks for any information.

2. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Breed clubs and associations:
    The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy, Box 477, Pittsboro, NC 27312, (919) 542-5704, email [email protected], www.albc-usa.org

American Poultry Association, PO Box 306, Burgettstown, PA15021, email [email protected], www.amerpoultryassn.com

Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities, Dr. Charles R.H. Everett, Secretary, 122 Magnolia Lane, Lugoff, SC, 29078, email [email protected]

grr EDTA:
    any one of these breed clubs can help you get teh information you need. they are more than willing to help any one with information on rare breeds and can point you in hte proper direction.

good luck and keep us updated to your findings

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by