Rare breed?

clarissa172300

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Rising Star Texas
Ok chicken pros, what breed of chicken is this? Its suppose to be a rare breed from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I've found very few online with the same coloring. He has tufts, but a head that resembles a silkie.

Last edited:

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
images

Welcome to BYC!

Wow, what a cutie pie! Sometimes chick feathering does not resemble adult birds. And I am not one of these Breed Pro's either! LOL So I am going to send you over to our What Breed section for more help with this adorable chick. Someone over there should be able to ID this cutie....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Enjoy your chicks! And welcome to our flock!

yardraven

Songster
5 Years
Feb 23, 2014
Isle of Wight UK
Thank You. Silver laced polish looks right to me. I'll have to find it a mate later on, unless it wants a cochin bantam as a mate lol.

Hi Clarissa
Silver Laced Polish, eh. How cool. You gotta scope out another to breed with. I have just hatched some post bought Jersey Giants, and I thought mine were cute, but he/she is very pretty.
How many do you have ?
Tony

clarissa172300

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Rising Star Texas
This is the only one I have of that breed, but I have about 25 cochin bantams of different colors, just turned a week old Thursday, and 5 phoenix. Im restarting after my white bantams all disappeared last year, am im going to take the time to do it right this time.

Top Bottom